Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sorry, but we're closed.

I forgot my password

Please vote for us!!!
Top Canine Roleplays
We're 2nd!!!
Intus Incednia's K9 Elites
We're 4th!!!
Top 100 Wolf RPGs
We're 4th!!!
Top 50 Wolf RPG
We're 7th!!!
Only the Best Canine Roleplays!
We're 2nd!!!
100 Wolf Roleplay Sites
We're 5th!!! Canine Top 100
We're 5th!!!
Month and Weather
Time of the Day: Midday
Current Month: Jan
Current Season: Winter
Current Weather: Sunny
Temperature: 5°C
Latest topics
» Paper Hearts - A mature canine roleplay
Rebby's creative writing: Tightrope EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 5:27 pm by Guest

» Imporia : Resurrection
Rebby's creative writing: Tightrope EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 7:57 am by Guest

» Rarity - An Exotic Canine RPG
Rebby's creative writing: Tightrope EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 3:36 am by Guest

» Kettrin Wolf Rp
Rebby's creative writing: Tightrope EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 11:57 am by Guest

» Breathless -Canine/Mulit-species RPG
Rebby's creative writing: Tightrope EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 8:26 am by Jenn

» Lions of Valoria
Rebby's creative writing: Tightrope EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 4:57 am by Guest

» Creation from Chaos - fantasy wolf rpg, just opened!
Rebby's creative writing: Tightrope EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 11:23 am by Guest

» Creation from Chaos
Rebby's creative writing: Tightrope EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 3:30 am by Guest

» Spiritus- semi-realistic wolf roleplay
Rebby's creative writing: Tightrope EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 7:26 am by Guest

Current Plot
The Ulfr Mani battle against DDP plot has been completed! Click for a detailed recap

The current plot is now PUPPIES! There has been a couple month skip to give Rebby time to deliver the babies, and now they're emerging from the den.
Big News
AILIS, FRY, MUSTAFA and UNIVERSE are our new members of the month! Thank you for sticking with the pack and posting and chatting away!

FRELSER is our 'create your own legend' winner with his legend of Cantando Luces

Current contests:
1.) Movie quote hunting! Winner - Mustafa!
2.) Create Jobby's pups! Winner - All entries!
Sister Packs
Blue Haven Falls Pack
All credits goes to those who own them. Thank you so much to all the stocks that provided the photos. I do not own them.
Visitors since March 2014
stats for websites
Word Counter

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rebby's creative writing: Tightrope

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rebby's creative writing: Tightrope Empty Rebby's creative writing: Tightrope Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:07 pm

Rebekka

Rebekka
Alpha
Alpha

A piece I did for one of my uni assignments. Hope you enjoy~

He lounged upon my sofa as he tried to make sense of what he saw. Arm over the back of it. Legs kicked up on the coffee table. A feeble attempt to look nonchalant but the cogs whirred, trying to calculate what made me the way I was. What made him turn into me. My grin widened and I leaned toward him, the same eyes meeting each other, “Something the matter there, kiddo?” and I noticed the instant recoil.

“You seem...different. Not what I expected...” his light voice trailed off as he studied me, my own smirk growing. Oh, how I knew I would be a surprise to him. His bright eyes and go-get-'em attitude seemed so difficult to break, of course I knew otherwise. It wasn't that difficult when I think back on it, but to him it would be the worst possible outcome. For a little while at least. But he'll see in a couple of years time. Every hero turns into a villain at some point.

“I guessed as much.” was my only response and when he rolled his eyes I chuckled, “Still the same person I see. Underneath it all”

“Well yeah, you're me.” he scoffed and my eyes narrowed for a moment. Still raring with hormones. Still fancying Talia in my chemistry class. Still wearing that mask to fight crime, playing cops and robbers with that comic book twist.

Crossing my arms I leant back in my chair, my voice lowered “Yes, well...not for long”

He moved his legs from the table and put them firmly on the ground. His feet were placed in such a way, that if anything happened, he could move swiftly. Hmm. The corners of my lips tugged as I met my own eyes again.

“What is that supposed to mean?” He questioned and mirrored my movement from before. He leaned forward this time, and I couldn't help the smile from breaking onto my face.

“You'll see.” A small chuckle slipped past my lips as my eyes trailed across his jaw line, trickling down to his neck and shoulders. I had this nasty burn that liked to peak out of most clothing I wore, but as my eyes lingered I could only see clean flesh. Pristine. Untainted. So he's yet to have that experience then. This makes things more interesting, now doesn't it?

My smile slipped into a smirk and I looked away from his innocence with amusement, a sound outside catching my ear. Screaming. Muffled through the closed windows, but still clearly heard with honed skill. I had realised the city had delectable frequencies once I tuned into them. Screaming. Running. Chasing.

My eyes casually wandered back to myself, curious to see if he heard it as well. Back straight. Eyes focused. Wired tension. He had heard it. I was always so on form back then. Ready to jump into any action, to perform a circus act to my awaiting audience standing below. Sometimes I saw Talia, pushing me across that tightrope even more. She was grinning. Motivating me.

"Aren't you going to do anything?"

I felt myself recoil in surprise at his question, "Excuse me?" When had I got so forward? Creasing my eyebrows, I tilted my head trying to make sense of what was held in his eyes. Something I couldn't recall. But this was me. I should be able to remember that glint. The little twinkle caught in the dim light.

"Something wrong?" He asked me, his own smirk growing whilst mine did the opposite.

My shoulders tensed and back straightened. A reflection of each other. The smug meeting the scowl. The familiar face all heroes wore when they thought they were winning. The pride they felt whilst being in control. Did he really think it was just the heroes that felt that way? We both have our shared tightrope to walk and now we were at a stand point in the middle. I wondered if either of us would fall?

"Why would anything be wrong?" I managed to say after a moment of silence, turning away from myself to stop the twitching fingers.

The sirens and screams outside amplified in my head as I sat across from him. They calmed me. Weaving into my ear was a melody I had once experienced. Screaming. Chasing. It was the first time we had confronted those things. The first time we felt any responsibility. Any guilt. "I'm sure you remember" I muttered quietly to myself.

"Remember?" he questioned with the same air of arrogance that I had started with. The twitching worsened. I forced myself to stand up and make my way to the window where the melody became clearer.

"Yes. Remember." Swivelling round, I placed my hand swiftly onto his right shoulder and whispered by his left ear. Close. Goosebumps. Shivers. "April 19th. The year of our 14th birthday. Come now," I tilted his head towards mine, "You can't have forgotten already?" I clicked my tongue in mock disapproval but made him hold my stare, relaying everything that he wouldn't be able to understand.

Hairs pricked, almost touching my own skin and I watched his pupils dilate. His smirk had melted off his face as quickly as I had uttered that date. My whisper in his ear only lowered his body temperature that forced him into place. No movement. No sound. Just sirens.

"What we do to ourselves, ey? What we do to our loved ones on days of celebration. Tell me, do you still celebrate that day?" Mock curiosity slipped into my voice. I knew the answer, but I also knew the reaction. The slight furrow of his eyebrows, and downturn of his lips was exactly what I expected.

His lips pursed at my expression, eyes wavering from mine, "You know I don't. Not after what happened. How could we?"

Oh, such a heavy weight on his shoulders. Such a burdened voice. Something I had almost forgotten about. "It's funny you should say that..."

2Rebby's creative writing: Tightrope Empty Re: Rebby's creative writing: Tightrope Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:28 pm

Ailis

Ailis

Woah woah woah, hold on a sec. They're the same person, and he's talking to his past self? To his self that was a hero, and he's a villain? Who doesn't care 'bout crime?

...Me likey. (Please write more!)

3Rebby's creative writing: Tightrope Empty Re: Rebby's creative writing: Tightrope Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:30 am

Rebekka

Rebekka
Alpha
Alpha

Yay! You're exactly right Ailis! I'm so happy that you got it in one go and that you like it :3 And I think I do plan on writing more of this story because I really liked it when I wrote for my assignment :3 I like my evil characters Razz

Bit of a large step away from Rebby, huh? Razz

4Rebby's creative writing: Tightrope Empty Re: Rebby's creative writing: Tightrope Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:49 am

Fyrebane

Fyrebane
Beta
Beta

Haha, that charrie's no Rebekka. I like him very much. You should write more of this. Me likey as well!

5Rebby's creative writing: Tightrope Empty Re: Rebby's creative writing: Tightrope Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:46 am

Rebekka

Rebekka
Alpha
Alpha

ahah, Thanks Fry :3 I'll let you know if I write more :3

6Rebby's creative writing: Tightrope Empty Re: Rebby's creative writing: Tightrope Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:29 pm

Ailis

Ailis

When you say step, do ya mean leap? Razz But yeah, keep writing, this is actually pretty awesome and I would love to see how this plays out!

7Rebby's creative writing: Tightrope Empty Re: Rebby's creative writing: Tightrope Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:57 am

Rebekka

Rebekka
Alpha
Alpha

haha, yeah it is a large leap from Rebby Razz I do love my evil characters though, it's always fun to create a villain :3

8Rebby's creative writing: Tightrope Empty Re: Rebby's creative writing: Tightrope Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:39 pm

Ailis

Ailis

Amen to that! Nice characters are always a tad boring :3 hehe

9Rebby's creative writing: Tightrope Empty Re: Rebby's creative writing: Tightrope Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:50 am

Rebekka

Rebekka
Alpha
Alpha

hehe, don't get me wrong, I like a nice character from time to time, though I like for them to be funny or sweet or something that gives them that extra oomf

But man, the complexities of a villain is always the most fun to create. I love making things grey rather than black or white :3

10Rebby's creative writing: Tightrope Empty Re: Rebby's creative writing: Tightrope Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:49 pm

Solmn

Solmn

I tried several times to creating a cold blooded villain but always ended having them have a soft side. As long as you enjoy writing Rebby keep doing it.

11Rebby's creative writing: Tightrope Empty Re: Rebby's creative writing: Tightrope Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:55 pm

Ailis

Ailis

While cold-blooded killers are fun if you got them right, some with soft sides that you can empathize with is always funner >:3 Which is why you're going to scream at Memphis when he becomes soft with a female

12Rebby's creative writing: Tightrope Empty Re: Rebby's creative writing: Tightrope Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:15 am

Rebekka

Rebekka
Alpha
Alpha

ahah, I can't wait for that Ailis :3

And everyone likes writing different characters, Solmn :3 I think it's cool that your villains have a soft side :3

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

A f f i l i a t e s
Burning