Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sorry, but we're closed.

I forgot my password

Please vote for us!!!
Top Canine Roleplays
We're 2nd!!!
Intus Incednia's K9 Elites
We're 4th!!!
Top 100 Wolf RPGs
We're 4th!!!
Top 50 Wolf RPG
We're 7th!!!
Only the Best Canine Roleplays!
We're 2nd!!!
100 Wolf Roleplay Sites
We're 5th!!! Canine Top 100
We're 5th!!!
Month and Weather
Time of the Day: Midday
Current Month: Jan
Current Season: Winter
Current Weather: Sunny
Temperature: 5°C
Latest topics
» Paper Hearts - A mature canine roleplay
Rebby's creative corner EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 5:27 pm by Guest

» Imporia : Resurrection
Rebby's creative corner EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 7:57 am by Guest

» Rarity - An Exotic Canine RPG
Rebby's creative corner EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 3:36 am by Guest

» Kettrin Wolf Rp
Rebby's creative corner EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 11:57 am by Guest

» Breathless -Canine/Mulit-species RPG
Rebby's creative corner EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 8:26 am by Jenn

» Lions of Valoria
Rebby's creative corner EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 4:57 am by Guest

» Creation from Chaos - fantasy wolf rpg, just opened!
Rebby's creative corner EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 11:23 am by Guest

» Creation from Chaos
Rebby's creative corner EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 3:30 am by Guest

» Spiritus- semi-realistic wolf roleplay
Rebby's creative corner EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 7:26 am by Guest

Current Plot
The Ulfr Mani battle against DDP plot has been completed! Click for a detailed recap

The current plot is now PUPPIES! There has been a couple month skip to give Rebby time to deliver the babies, and now they're emerging from the den.
Big News
AILIS, FRY, MUSTAFA and UNIVERSE are our new members of the month! Thank you for sticking with the pack and posting and chatting away!

FRELSER is our 'create your own legend' winner with his legend of Cantando Luces

Current contests:
1.) Movie quote hunting! Winner - Mustafa!
2.) Create Jobby's pups! Winner - All entries!
Sister Packs
Blue Haven Falls Pack
All credits goes to those who own them. Thank you so much to all the stocks that provided the photos. I do not own them.
Visitors since March 2014
stats for websites
Word Counter

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rebby's creative corner

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rebby's creative corner Empty Rebby's creative corner Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:57 am

Rebekka

Rebekka
Alpha
Alpha

Jo and Rebby are humans in this short story :3

Fate

“A long time ago, in a far away land-”

“Rebby! Don't start it off like that!” The little boy groaned from his bed, interrupting me from my story. I frowned at his groans and huffed before sitting on the desk in front of him.

“Fine. I'll start again because it was just too cliché for you.” I leaned over and poked his nose before sitting next to him in a bed that was too small for the both of us. My palms sat in my lap as I looked at his scrunched up face. Little brothers never seemed to like that. The thought caused my lips to turn up in a smile at him.

“Not so long ago, in a not so far away land,” I started with a smirk painted on my face, “There lived two families. These families were close to one another, but over time they were torn apart by pride. Their broken bonds caused the land to end up in ruins. Mythical beings saw the chink in the armour and used that to their advantage-”

“Mythical creatures! What ones are there again? The wisps?”

“Would you bloody stop interrupting me?” I pouted as I crossed my arms. Clearly I was a mature adult, “And yes, the wisps were an ancient mythical creature. They're orbs of light that can often direct someone in the direction of their destiny.”

That night ended with my storytelling. Something so simple. Something that I did almost every night. Something that did not prepare me for what was in store for me the next day.

I never thought that I was anything special. I was plain ol' Rebby, you know? Nothing ever spectacular happened to me. I would just go about my life. The same thing every single day. Just like most people, I focused on selfishness.

Don't get me wrong, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. I sometimes wish I could go back to the comfort and cosiness. The simple life where I could take care of my younger brothers. Where I'd tell them bedtime stories with no fear of them actually being true. Where the legends and characters in these stories weren't as real as I know now.

But I can't.

Sometimes we're made for more than the lives that we're so comfortably living . Even when we don't believe we are.

Every story seemed to start off with an unsuspecting victim. One that is an easy target. One that has all the odds pushed against them. Someone like me.

~~~

I gasped as I broke into a sprint. I ran through forest and stumbled on every damn thing one could think of. Why do I have to be so clumsy?! I let out a yelp as I tripped over a large tree root and tumbled to the ground. Leaves and branches scraped across my palms as I rolled on the ground. Pain burned my hands and weakened my legs, but I forced my aching limbs to stand. Muddy stains mixed with blood from the grazes I had received from the creatures that were chasing me.

Breathing heavily I continued to run away from the beasts pulling themselves from the shadows. The clouds had turned darker as rain started to wet the leaves on the floor. A quick get away was near impossible now, but still I slipped and slid along my chosen path as I ran away from the mythical creatures that decided to haunt me.

Had it been mere hours before that I had decided to take this walk in the first place? It seemed a distant memory with the pressing danger of being captured. I had originally intended to savour the enjoyable Autumn weather, but apparently fate had other ideas as creatures melted from trees and clasped at my body before I broke into a run.

I caught the sight of the grotesque images forming in the trees as I ran past them. Faces and bodies pulled themselves from the bark and wailed at my panting form. Branches reached out to stop me from exiting the forest as more and more stepped out onto the leaves.

“You are needed,” the forms wheezed and trudged towards my exhausted form. These nymphs needed me? For what? I thought nymphs were beautiful creatures that were one with mother nature. Apparently not. These things had seemed beautiful upon the first glance, but then their expressions and bodies changed into something much more disfigured.

A light whisper caused me to freeze in my tracks. I felt the cold on my neck more as it spread across my skin. The hairs on my arms stood on end as goosebumps formed. I was pretty sure what ever made that noise could hear my heart beat from where it was situated. My body was trembling too much, and my form too weak to want to see where the noise came from, but then I heard it again.

This time it was closer.

It didn't sound like the wheezes I had heard from the nymphs but it still frightened me. Then again, stupid sounds always terrified me. Even my younger brothers teased me on the fact, despite that I'm an adult...supposedly.

I screamed as I looked up to see a ball of floating light in front of me...that was the only way I could describe it. It made the whisper sound that I had ran from and stayed in front of my face. What were these things? I frowned as I racked my brain for answers and then furrowed them when only one came to mind, “No...will 'o the wisps aren't real...”

2 obviously a wisp was floating in front of my face awaiting for something from me. I looked at the wisp and heard it's whisper again. I couldn't understand it properly as it blended with the sounds of the wind and carried away from my ears before I had time to process it.

I tried to reach out and touch the legend that I had told my brother about, but before my fingers could brush the blue, it disappeared and reappeared a few paces to the side. More suddenly materialized and created a blue path for me to follow. With a wince, I pushed myself up and narrowed my eyes at the glowing forms of light. “This is probably going to bite me in the butt...” I stated to myself as I followed the trail that was being set out for me.

I didn't know how right I was until I managed to make it into a clearing. There was nothing special about it. Perhaps in the summer, with the light streaming onto the open green it would be more pleasing, but in the middle of Autumn with a grey sky it looked bland.

“Oh, hey babe.” I hadn't noticed the other person at the opposite end of the field. I turned my head to look at him and raised an eyebrow, “What brings you to my neck of the woods?”

“Your neck of the woods? I was brought here by th-”
“The wisps? Yeah, me too” he interrupted me with a bored look before the corner of his mouth lifted in a smirk. He swaggered forward and looked at me with interest, “How about we have less of the chit chat and put our mouths to better use, what do you say Pigeon?”

“Pigeon? My name is Rebby, and the only thing I'm going to be doing around you is leaving.” I narrowed my eyes at him before whipping myself around. I had prepared to march back towards the trees, but the male had other idea's as he placed his arm around me and turned me around to face his cocky smirk. The little tug of his lips already pissed me off and I had known this guy for two seconds. His dark brown eyes were focused intently on me as I furrowed my eyebrows at him. He was attractive, but he certainly knew it in the way that he looked. His slicked back hair was something out of the movies.

“Aw come on Pidge, don't be like that.” he leaned in closer to me, despite my obvious aversion to him. I leaned my head away from him and slapped his hand off my shoulder. The response was even more infuriating as he chuckled to himself, completely unphased by me.

“You know about the wisps. Do you know why they led us here, Mr. Flirt?” I sighed, hopefully changing the topic so he would stop flirting with me.

“You're guess is as good as mine, Pidge.” he chuckled; most likely at the nickname I had given him. Not really the response I wanted. “The name's Little Old Jo.”

The fact that he ignored me when I gave him my name and he still called me 'Pidge' anyway annoyed the heck out of me. I narrowed my eyes at him, feeling irritation for Jo, whom I had barely met. He sure has a talent for making someone dislike you in two seconds flat. Though, before I could tell him off again the whispers sounded in my ear.

They were back. I breathed a sigh of relief. I had never been so happy to hear the sound of these legends until now. They would at least get Jo to shut up for five minutes.

Whispers filled the air and swam around them, mingling in the breeze. The sounds got louder and louder until I could actually pick out some words. They seemed melodic. Like some sort of spell. Or perhaps a prophecy.

Finally, these whispers spoke clearly in both of our ears.

“Family who hates, broken by pride.
Brought together, from strength inside.

Destiny unravels, to find their mate
Two paths crossed, and changed their fate.”

Just as quickly as they had came, the wisps disappeared with a lingering whisper. The silence that ensued was soon broken as I clambered my way out of my shocked state.

“What?” I breathed out with wide eyes, “No, no, no. This prophecy is not going to be about me.”

“It's not just about you Pidge. It's about us” Jo snaked his arm around my shoulder once more and winked at me. He was surprisingly calm which only ignited the annoyance I had already held for this man. What was wrong with him? We had a prophecy weighing on our shoulders and he wanted to flirt?

Classy.

Clearly he could read my straight mouth, coupled with my crossed arms as a sign of annoyance towards him. Yet he still seemed unaffected. His cocky swagger and relaxed shoulders made my eyebrows furrow with annoyance as I looked at the male standing next to me.

“Hey, chin up Pidge.” he moved his fingers and lifted my chin with a wink (that damn smirk was still planted on his face). “You heard the prophecy, we're 'mates' now. So may as well start acting like it” He grinned at me, flashing his teeth with a cheeky move as he slipped his hands down my back. I let out a yelp and jumped away from him before spinning to face him.

“Stop touching me! Doesn't our impeding fate worry you in the slightest?” I could feel warmth spread up my neck to my cheeks and I tried to blame it on the cold, though I noticed as the smirk widened across his face. His ego probably swelled along with it based on what I had already known about him.

A frustrated noise forced out of my mouth when I couldn't think of anything to say to him. Was it fate that he was so annoying. The fates really had it in for me it seemed. If destiny thought that we could be a good team...mates even, I think they needed a reality check...

“More! Come on Rebby! Finish the story! What happened?” the little bundle of energy jumped up from his laying position and grabbed my hands in excitement. He shook them as he wriggled in his place. “I want to know more about Jo. I like him.”

“Of course you would like Jo.” I rolled my eyes at him as I poked his nose with a giggle. He once again had the same reaction as before. A scrunched up face and a groan. “I think you should get to bed, Mister.”

“But Rebby!” he pleaded as he widened his eyes and pouted his lips, “I want to know more!”

I smiled and shook my head as I slid from the bed, “No, you need to get some sleep. I will tell you some more adventures tomorrow night, alright?”

He grumbled to himself and huffed as he tucked himself under the covers. He popped his head up from the covers and gave me a cheeky smile, “Night Rebby.”

“Night.” I gave him a kiss on the forehead before turning the light off as I left the room. The door clicked before another voice was heard.

“Telling stories again, eh Pidge?”

I turned away from the voice and let a little smile grow on my face, “I have no idea what you're talking about, Jo.”

2Rebby's creative corner Empty Re: Rebby's creative corner Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:35 am

Little Old Jo

Little Old Jo
Alpha
Alpha

Love it!!! I think that you really captured how much of a jerk Jo can be. The ending was my favourite part. I think it's so cute. :3

https://dealan-depack.rpg-board.net

3Rebby's creative corner Empty Re: Rebby's creative corner Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:56 am

Amanda

Amanda
Pack Friend
Pack Friend

I love it Rebby! ^-^ I especially loved the ending Very Happy And of course the scene where they first meet XD

4Rebby's creative corner Empty Re: Rebby's creative corner Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:26 pm

Ailis

Ailis

I love it! ^^ It really is adorable, especially the end! Nice plot twist there. :3 Is there more?

5Rebby's creative corner Empty Re: Rebby's creative corner Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:13 am

Rebekka

Rebekka
Alpha
Alpha

D'aww thanks guys :3

And I haven't wrote anymore, but I'm chuffed that you like it Very Happy thanks!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

A f f i l i a t e s
Burning