Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sorry, but we're closed.

I forgot my password

Please vote for us!!!
Top Canine Roleplays
We're 2nd!!!
Intus Incednia's K9 Elites
We're 4th!!!
Top 100 Wolf RPGs
We're 4th!!!
Top 50 Wolf RPG
We're 7th!!!
Only the Best Canine Roleplays!
We're 2nd!!!
100 Wolf Roleplay Sites
We're 5th!!! Canine Top 100
We're 5th!!!
Month and Weather
Time of the Day: Midday
Current Month: Jan
Current Season: Winter
Current Weather: Sunny
Temperature: 5°C
Latest topics
» Paper Hearts - A mature canine roleplay
This Crazy White Stuff EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 5:27 pm by Guest

» Imporia : Resurrection
This Crazy White Stuff EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 7:57 am by Guest

» Rarity - An Exotic Canine RPG
This Crazy White Stuff EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 3:36 am by Guest

» Kettrin Wolf Rp
This Crazy White Stuff EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 11:57 am by Guest

» Breathless -Canine/Mulit-species RPG
This Crazy White Stuff EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 8:26 am by Jenn

» Lions of Valoria
This Crazy White Stuff EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 4:57 am by Guest

» Creation from Chaos - fantasy wolf rpg, just opened!
This Crazy White Stuff EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 11:23 am by Guest

» Creation from Chaos
This Crazy White Stuff EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 3:30 am by Guest

» Spiritus- semi-realistic wolf roleplay
This Crazy White Stuff EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 7:26 am by Guest

Current Plot
The Ulfr Mani battle against DDP plot has been completed! Click for a detailed recap

The current plot is now PUPPIES! There has been a couple month skip to give Rebby time to deliver the babies, and now they're emerging from the den.
Big News
AILIS, FRY, MUSTAFA and UNIVERSE are our new members of the month! Thank you for sticking with the pack and posting and chatting away!

FRELSER is our 'create your own legend' winner with his legend of Cantando Luces

Current contests:
1.) Movie quote hunting! Winner - Mustafa!
2.) Create Jobby's pups! Winner - All entries!
Sister Packs
Blue Haven Falls Pack
All credits goes to those who own them. Thank you so much to all the stocks that provided the photos. I do not own them.
Visitors since March 2014
stats for websites
Word Counter

You are not connected. Please login or register

This Crazy White Stuff

+2
Rebekka
Fyrebane
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1This Crazy White Stuff Empty This Crazy White Stuff Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:39 am

Fyrebane

Fyrebane
Beta
Beta

This Crazy White Stuff Img_0010
A nearby school playground, within the first 45 minutes.

So, we have lots of snow here. We haven't had snow where I live in a few good years, save for flurries that never stick. I'm in the southern United States, where it's not supposed to get very cold here to start with. Well, starting around 11:30AM yesterday, we got snow. Not a little bit, but it started falling faster than rain. And it was cold outside, too. A bitter 15F/-9C, which meant that the snow stuck to everything. All over the top half of my state, we have 3-4 inches of snow. It snowed for hours at a time. Driving distances that should have taken 10 minutes took an an hour and a half. People who left downtown at 1:00PM didn't arrive home until 3:00 AM, if they were lucky. Some people still aren't home yet, and it's been a day and a half. People ran out of gas and had to abandon their cars everywhere. Their were over 150 car accidents within my city and the surrounding cities, within the first several hours. Many buses carrying children home from school were stranded overnight or crashed. The roads are so packed everywhere that driving is nearly impossible. All schools in the area didn't call off school until around noon, which is also when most businesses discharged for the day. With everyone scrambling home at once, severe traffic was inevitable. Many parents couldn't get to their children, who ended up having to spend the night at school with teachers, some of whom are still trapped in schools. People are unable to drive at all in hilly areas, and the state is almost all hills. We're at the tail end of the Appalachian Mountains. I myself am trapped in my neighborhood currently. Two big hills are cutting off the back half of my neighborhood (where I am located) from the main road, even though trying to drive would be stupid anyway. Thankfully, we're fairly well stocked on all we'll need for a few days. It took three hours for me to get home from school (which I live 5-10 minutes away from) yesterday, and none of my family has attempted to drive since. People have had to shelter overnight in gas stations and grocery stores, as all hotels are completely full (though some people sleep in the lobbies), and I assume it will be the same tonight. Thankfully, my family and I all made it home safely, but I know a lot of people who are stranded or have abandoned their cars and tried to walk to somewhere to stay. Some of my neighbors have been stuck or left their cars. One of my neighbors spent all night helping push cars that ran out of gas, and had to stay at his mother's house. All schools and businesses are closed, and will be until conditions are stable once more. Earlier today, my neighborhood friend and I observed black ice form from snow on the street in under 30 minutes. Black ice is incredibly dangerous, and should never ever be driven on. Things are just going from bad to worse (and they were already worse). And being that we never get snow, people panic over frost. This is a heck of a lot worse than some petty little frost. The Department of Transportation has all but banned people from going out on the roads if they aren't already stuck out there. The highways are brutally dangerous, and diving anywhere is nearly impossible, because the ice clings to peoples' windshields and then, one can't see (which is kinda necessary for driving). Rock salt isn't dissolving the ice anywhere, and it won't matter once it's all gone black. Rebby, you'd better hope it doesn't come over there next. The governor declared a state-wide state of emergency yesterday. Between the abandoned vehicles, empty streets, and marooned people sprinkled about, it looks like a war zone.

Snow isn't always fun.

2This Crazy White Stuff Empty Re: This Crazy White Stuff Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:01 pm

Rebekka

Rebekka
Alpha
Alpha

Oh man, Fry, I'm glad you and your family got home safe. Snow sucks a lot when it's like this. Jeez, it sounds horrible. I hope you stay safe and everything gets cleared soon. My worried go out to you, bud.

3This Crazy White Stuff Empty Re: This Crazy White Stuff Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:12 pm

Little Old Jo

Little Old Jo
Alpha
Alpha

Oh man, I'm glad you and your family are safe. Make sure you buddle up warm and watch over each other okay? Hope it all goes aways soon. A little snow can be fun, but not this. Snow is deadly. The sooner winter is over the better.

https://dealan-depack.rpg-board.net

4This Crazy White Stuff Empty Re: This Crazy White Stuff Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:36 pm

Fyrebane

Fyrebane
Beta
Beta

Thanks, guys! And so true. Snow always sounds fun, then this happens. Hopefully, it'll start melting tomorrow, but the weather man always lies.

5This Crazy White Stuff Empty Re: This Crazy White Stuff Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:02 am

Rebekka

Rebekka
Alpha
Alpha

We'll be rooting for warmer weather for you bud. Stay safe. Hopefully everything starts getting better for you

6This Crazy White Stuff Empty Re: This Crazy White Stuff Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:09 am

Fyrebane

Fyrebane
Beta
Beta

Thanks. It's 12F/-11C right now.

7This Crazy White Stuff Empty Re: This Crazy White Stuff Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:16 am

Mustafa

Mustafa

Oh boy, I'm so glad you made it home safe! This is really bad, from what I'm reading here. o:
Stay home and stay safe.

http://jeamesthewolf.deviantart.com/

8This Crazy White Stuff Empty Re: This Crazy White Stuff Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:09 am

Fyrebane

Fyrebane
Beta
Beta

Thanks, Mustafa. Stuff is slowly improving.

9This Crazy White Stuff Empty Re: This Crazy White Stuff Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:28 pm

Solmn

Solmn

I am glad you are safe and so is your family Fyre, take it easy until everything is normal. I hope it gets better soon.

10This Crazy White Stuff Empty Re: This Crazy White Stuff Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:05 pm

Fyrebane

Fyrebane
Beta
Beta

Thanks again for your concern, guys. The roads are getting much better as things have started to warm up an itty bit. The snow should be gone in another couple days.

11This Crazy White Stuff Empty Re: This Crazy White Stuff Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:38 pm

Ailis

Ailis

I know everyone else already said it, but I certainly hope you'll be okay and the conditions will improve. I know it's been horrible over there, but I never knew this bad. Just stay safe and drink lots of hot cocoa!~

12This Crazy White Stuff Empty Re: This Crazy White Stuff Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:24 am

Fyrebane

Fyrebane
Beta
Beta

As of this morning, the snow and ice has decreased by about half, and the roads are much better in some places. It's currently 27F/-2C and looks like it might go warmer.

13This Crazy White Stuff Empty Re: This Crazy White Stuff Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:17 pm

Rebekka

Rebekka
Alpha
Alpha

Oh, that's good that it seems to be getting better! Hopefully it will all clear up soon for you bud Smile

14This Crazy White Stuff Empty Re: This Crazy White Stuff Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:08 am

Fyrebane

Fyrebane
Beta
Beta

I'm happy to report that it is currently 68F/20C and the snow and ice is gone. We've got our southern-fried weather back!

15This Crazy White Stuff Empty Re: This Crazy White Stuff Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:01 am

Little Old Jo

Little Old Jo
Alpha
Alpha

YAY! NO SNOW! Glad your safe hun

https://dealan-depack.rpg-board.net

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

A f f i l i a t e s
Burning